FAQs About Me
- In elementary school, I was behind for my reading level until I started reading comic books.
- My writing voice is the same as it was when I was a teen, except back then, it was so much more sarcastic.
- I exclusively eat mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- I’m Mexican Irish (and many other things).
- I survived a backstage apocalypse (a live event where everything that could go wrong went wrong).
- I almost had frostbite as a child during the cold Central Cali winters (I had forgotten my mittens).
- My appendix gave out on me, and I nearly died when I was fourteen.
- As a teen, I wrote B-Movie-type scripts to entertain my friends with great titles like Attack of the Killer Tumbleweeds and Just Visiting This Planet. Later in life, I was attacked by cholla cactus in Anza Borrego.
- As a child, I explored every neighborhood I lived in and drew maps (sometimes extending those to maps of other worlds).
- My pitfall lab mix and my friend’s boxer mix saved us from a pack of wild dogs in the desert.
- I’m not sure when I stopped drawing monsters, but I never stopped creating monsters in my head for my stories.